The venue is suitable for community groups, private functions, children’s parties and corporate team-building events. Hall capacity: 100.
Booking provides the use of:
- tables and chairs
- projector screen and microphone
- kitchen facilities
- large stove
- barbecue (for outside use)
- terrain and petanque equipment:
boules, rings, cochonnets and scoreboards
- Community Group - $25 per hour
- Charity Function - $25 per hour
- Children’s Party - $50 per hour
- Private Function (non corporate) - $65 per hour
- Small Corporate Function (up to 30 people) - $100 per hour
- Large Corporate Function (over 30 people) - $20 per person
- The club does not have a liquor licence. All alcohol is BYO.
- The club rooms are not available to groups under 25 years of age (other than children's parties).
- Please read the Terms & Conditions before you make a Booking Request.
- The Terms & Conditions must be accepted before booking can be confirmed.
- For bookings of children's parties, private and corporate functions a deposit of $100 is required before booking can be confirmed.
Come and view the venue
Before booking, the venue may be viewed on Club days:
Thursday 9.30am - 12 noon, or Tuesday 9.30am - 12 noon (except the third Tuesday of the month) or other times by arrangement.
Club contact number is 021 160 6442 or fill out the form below and we will contact you with availability and confirmation.
Hall Hire Application Form
Terms and Conditions of Hire
At Herne Bay Petanque Club (HBPC)
HBPC undertakes to provide the premises to the Hirer and allow access and use during the hire period on the following terms:
a. That the premises will only be used for a private function and no alcoholic liquor be sold on the premises.
b. That the Hirer be accountable and responsible to HBPC for any injury, damage or loss to the premises including the petanque terrains and other property of HBPC by persons in attendance at the function.
c. That the Hirer may use the petanque terrain and boules during the hours of hire for the purpose of playing petanque only.
The Hirer agrees:
- To use the premises for the purpose of a social function in accordance with these conditions of hire whilst maintaining an acceptable level of conduct, to respect the premises and leave them in the same general condition as they were at the time of taking possession under this agreement.
- Smoking is not permitted in clubrooms or on the terrains. Attendees are to put cigarette butts in receptacles provided.
- To ensure that any music is turned off by 10.30pm and that noise levels do not exceed those permitted by Auckland Council.
- To report immediately to HBPC’s representative any damage to the premises or the terrains and to make good or reimburse HBPC upon demand for any cost involved in repair or reinstatement.
- To use the entrance key provided solely for the time and purpose designated in this agreement and promptly return the key as directed at the conclusion of the hire.
- To ensure that the premises are vacated promptly at the conclusion of the hire period and that the premises are left in a safe condition, with lights, heating and taps turned off, all doors and windows secured.
- To remove all rubbish including recyclable rubbish, such as plastics and bottles, from the function.
- Any breach of this agreement may, at the option of HBPC’s representative, cause this agreement to be terminated upon verbal notice to the Hirer or the Hirer’s representative.
If between the date of the agreement and the date of the function referred to in this agreement, the Hirer or Hirer’s representative advises HBPC or HBPC’s representative in writing that the function will not proceed then the agreement will be regarded as terminated from the date of such notification provided however that HBPC shall retain the deposit paid to a maximum of $100.
The Hirer acknowledges that any circumstances beyond the control of the HBPC which render the premises unavailable which will negate this agreement.